E-commerce CPA Columbus Ohio
Simplify your E-commerce accounting, increase profitability, streamline taxes, and scale
E-commerce CPA Services
- We will handle the entire process of accounting, from Quickbooks integration, chart of accounts, and managing your expenses and taxes.
- Our detailed accounting methods will provide you with the data that you can leverage to support better business decisions. You will find it easier to navigate strategic decisions such as deciding on how much inventory you should keep.
- Our deep knowledge of E-commerce accounting will help us provide you with an accurate breakdown of your profits, margins, and more, allow you to leverage your resources to scale production.
Managing your Ecommerce finances with Hogan CPA, a QuickBooks ProAdvisor
- How much inventory do you have?
- How much is your inventory worth?
- What are the costs of the goods you are selling?
- How much are you making after miscellaneous fees, discounts, and returns?
- Which sales channel is generating the most profit?
2. Tax Management
The sales and tax laws surrounding e-commerce have evolved over the years as buying goods online has become extremely common. As a result, sales tax audits became more common as e-commerce store owners find it hard to navigate their taxes. To help determine applicable taxes, all of these factors need to be taken into account:
- Where is your business located?
- Where is your inventory located?
- Where is the customer located?
- Do economic nexus laws apply?
- How much revenue did you generate in a state? How many transactions within the same state?
- And more.
Quickbooks integration will help save you time managing your taxes as much of this data can be pulled from reports within Quickbooks.
In addition to applying taxes to customers, we can help you estimate your tax liability of what you’ll owe in quarterly estimates, help you choose the right entity for your type of business, and handle both your tax preparation and tax planning.
3. Why Choose an ecommerce CPA?
E-commerce Accounting Services with Hogan CPA
Hogan CPA Financial Services helps you by freeing up your valuable time. We can handle all accounting, tax planning, and ecommerce CPA services, allowing you more to focus on what you do best – growing your e-commerce business. More time for marketing, more time for fulfillment, and more time to spend with your family.
There are nuances in inventory accounting that are unique to e-commerce. For example, your inventory cost is not always deductible. It is common for non-specialist accountants to assume that all inventory cost is deductible.
Tax Planning for E-commerce and Entity Guidance
Whether you operate your e-commerce store solo or you consider yourself a small business, there are various strategies to reduce taxes. Making estimated tax payments during the year keeps you from paying a large lump sum at tax time. Revenue and profitability can up us identify if it makes sense to reinvest and buy more inventory as an expense in the prior year rather than pay excess taxes.
You can save on taxes by starting as a single-owner LLC and transitioning into an S Corp later on, putting yourself on payroll and other tax-saving strategies when you hit various income thresholds. Our e-commerce CPA will collaborate with you to formulate a tax strategy tailored to fit the needs of your business.
We Help You Stay Compliant
As an e-commerce store owner, you are expected to keep an up-to-date record of transactions. We can handle your E-commerce accounting, keep your records up to date, and prepare any documentation to be in the event of a tax audit.
How we help E-commerce CPA
Let us help you strategize for taxes and free up your time by taking repetitive tasks like bookkeeping off your plate.
What our E-commerce CPA clients are saying
Schedule an appointment with Hogan CPA Financial Services
For A Complimentary Phone Consultation
Let us help you grow and scale your ecommerce business. Get a one on one call with our ecom accountants and begin the conversation of how we can better assist your business with taxes, accounting, and more.
Click the button below to call or fill out our form to send an email appointment request and we’ll schedule a time that works best with your schedule.
See our Frequently Asked Questions below for commonly asked questions about our ecommerce CPA services.
E-commerce CPA FAQs
Quickbooks features robust integration with popular e-commerce platforms including:
E-commerce business models vary in nature. The sales tax compliance for a D2C (direct to consumer) ecommerce seller (Shopify, Woocommerce) can be drastically different than a business owner who sells in a marketplace (Amazon, Ebay, Etsy).
Additionally, nexus risk can arise from a business’s economic presence (sales volume in an area) and physical presence (inventory location, office space). This is very nuanced so as nexus laws don’t apply everywhere so we have to be very diligent to appropriately apply the right taxes.
We can help all forms of e-commerce stores. Whether you are:
- Direct-to-consumer or a marketplace seller
- Solopreneur or have employees
- Dropshipper/Print-on-demand (POD) or you have your own inventory
- International or local
- Sells physical products or sells digital products